This website is dedicated to improving home environments by eliminating toxic cleaners and replacing them with natural cleaners that ACTUALLY WORK. These are examples of messes that I have personally cleaned using only an envro cloth and some water.
- red wine stain on wood floor
- sticky residue on old mason jars
- day-old paint stain on clothing
- candle wax on table cloth
- soapy residue on shower walls
When I was a senior in College, I did a year-long research project in environmental toxicology. Some of the things that stuck with me are these facts:
- many popular chemical cleaners contain known, carcinogenic agents
- only about 15 to 20% of chemicals in common use have been sufficiently studied by unbiased parties
- air pollution in homes is higher than outdoors – as much as 70% higher!
- multigenerational effects of common chemicals have only begun to be understood
- many chemicals have the potential to disrupt the endocrine system – a common result is male infertility and early sexual maturity in girls
Obviously chemicals are all around us and we can’t eliminate them entirely, but I strongly believe that reducing chemical use in the home can have a HUGE impact on the health and safety of the inhabitants. I invite you to follow this blog and join me in this effort. Click on the image below to view my official Norwex website.